Thursday, March 19, 2009

March 19th - Day 4


Today was a good day. My wife was released from prison early on good behavior! Just kidding, she worked really hard to prove to the docs that she was ready to leave so they gave her a discharge. Meanwhile, Omari is offically the biggest, toughest, littliest guy I know. He still fights the good fight to survive. The nurses weighed him again today, he only lost a few grams. But I was assured that it was completely normal. He is still breathing on his own, but he is still hooked to a breathing machine through his nose. The machine is there just for a backup in case he has to stop to take a rest. The machine offically breathes for him 10-15 times per minute. Pretty good if you ask me. Today I was watching over him as the nurse talked my head off. Then all of a sudden he quits breathing. I immediately went into complete shock. You can see him breathing in great detail due to his muscles showing, but there was no movement. So when I seen him stop it freaked me out. The nurse then told me to just wait, and assured me that he was resting. She was right, within 6 seconds or so he began right back. The machine kicks in after so many seconds, not sure how many.

After taking a second to really look at him, my wife and I were just astonhised on how marvelous God is. For God to even bless us enough to see him is more that what we deserve. Having him puts life into perspective in so many ways. Gods goodness ALONE should lead men to repentence!

Lets pray that God changes all of our hearts to be more sensitive to his word through any circumstance. I dont want this to just be a "pray for Omari thing". I really want us to all treasure each other. That means, you pray for me, I pray for you. Look foward to seeing some of you at Cardinal Glennon. Contact me if you want to come up and visit.

Renaldo:
Phone: 618-207-9097
Terri:
Phone: 618-772-2216

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that things are going so well and that Terry is FREE! ;0) Isn't it amazing that God is in control of every breath Omari takes? And that you get to watch the Fathers hand on your son! We can't wait to get up and see him, hopefully very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your beautiful little bundle of joy.
    "For Jesus loves the little Children, all the children of the world" and Omari is one of them!!

    ReplyDelete