Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8th - Day 24




Hello World!

God is absolutely wonderful. Sometimes it takes the smallest things in life to remind us of that fact. Well... Yesterday Pastor Johnathan and my family drop in for a visit to see Omari. All was well..... we talked.... we laughed. Soon after Pastor Johnathan left, that's when God saw fit to give me his ultimate test........ CHANGE A DIRTY DIAPER. And my friend, when I say dirty, I absolutely mean D I R T Y!!! I didn't think it would be that bad, but boy was I completely wrong. Everything started out perfectly fine. Took the diaper off, started wiping him down. Then it happened! What every diaper changer fears the most! I know what your thinking....PEE. But no! Even I wouldn't be that lucky. This young man shot out POOP that only a grown man should produce! It only took a matter of ONE second before he had created a mess that would take me and the nurse ONE hour to clean up. The messed up part about it is that I had a steam of poo on my index finger that reminded me of mustard on a bratsworth! I will NEVER VIEW A HOT DOG THE SAME... EVER....EVER AGAIN!

Besides that, here is the good news. He began physical therapy a few days ago. This will ensure he has his full range of motion before being sent home. Also his has graduated from NAKEDNESS to a beautiful white sleeper, that I'm more than sure he will ruin..lol. He is still 2.7lbs and hopefully this will change by tomorrow. Checkout his new pic of today and a video of my wife successfully changing his diaper. Oh yea.. they raised his feeding to 22mls every 3 hours! YAY!
WATCH THIS VIDEO ALL THE WAY TO THE END. WHEN THE VIDEO STOPS YOU WILL SEE OMARI LIFT HIS HANDS TO PRAISE THE LORD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment